Beach,Fl-The following is the response from Broward Sheriff’s Fire Rescue Chief Michael Kane about the gas leak at the Publix shopping center on Federal and Hillsboro yesterday.

This was a gas leak response by our hazardous materials team who completed a burn off of a leaking gas tank. No injuries were reported and after the several hour operation, and confirmation that the hazard mitigated, the business was turned back over to the operator.

Michael B. Kane, MPA
Battalion Chief
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue & Emergency Services Department



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here