- Case Number: 10-1412-002678
- Date: December 17, 2014
- Place 600 block of North Ocean Drive, Deerfield Beach
- Driver 1: Mark Lasman, 64, male, 1/16/50, 1401 S. Ocean Blvd., Boca Raton
- Pedestrian 1: Philip Kendall, 85, male, 1/13/29, 3000 S. Ocean Blvd., Boca Raton (DECEASED)
- Pedestrian 2: Francine Freedman, 80, female, 10/19/34, 3000 S. Ocean Blvd., Boca Raton (DECEASED)
Description of Incident:
An elderly couple was struck and killed as they crossed a residential street just days after having moved into their Boca Raton beachside neighborhood. The driver remained on scene. Broward Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide detectives are investigating the fatal crash.
At 7:06 p.m. on December 17, Mark Lasman was driving his 2007 Lexus RX350 northbound on Ocean Drive in the single northbound thru lane. Philip Kendall and Francine Freedman were crossing Ocean Drive mid-block, from west to east, at that exact moment. Both pedestrians were struck by the car.
Francine Freedman was pronounced deceased by Boca Raton Fire Rescue at the scene of the crash. Philip Kendall was transported to Delray Medical Center by Boca Raton Fire Rescue where he was pronounced deceased.
Anyone with additional information is asked to contact BSO’s Traffic Homicide detective Kelliher at 954-321-4840 or report anonymous tips to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at 954-493-TIPS (8477)all info from Broward Sheriffs Office.